trust

Seems like a one word theme the Lord is giving me lately.  I have many animated conversations with the Lord on my drive to work. I do most of the talking and He usually responds with one word, lately it is TRUST. I freely admit that I would like to be in control of all that is in my life including the desire for God to answer my prayers in the way I'd like and according to my timeline. Well, you'd think that at my ripe old age I'd have figured out that The Lord acts with HIS will not mine. I know that deep down but my will gets in the way of receiving that most of the time. When I can put my hard headed desire to be in control aside I can focus on knowing Him more and TRUST. It is incredibly freeing to let go of the control and believe that whatever happens is His will and His love and His timing and is the best possible answer/solution for me.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths..